A new car in Pakistan means booking a car and waiting a few months for delivery, or paying a huge premium to have it the same day, then paying taxes and standing in line to register it and waiting months to get the paper work in. Not to mention the variety of options available are pretty drab.
So there are two options for buying a used car. Either from a dealer / showroom or from classified ads. Dealers usually don't own the cars they are selling, they are parked there by the owner and the dealer will get a commission. They are quite averse to letting you test drive anything. Secondly, anyone who trusts the unscrupulous dealer to take possession of his car must not really care much about his car, meaning its got some major problems and he couldn't sell it himself and needs a sly sneaky person to sell it, or he wants a really high price that no one is willing to pay and again he needs a sly person to sneakily sell it above the market rate.
Therefore the best option is buying from a private owner. There are many places to find a used direct owner car for sale. OLX, Facebook Sale Groups, Pakwheels, print and online newspapers, etc.
But here comes the funny part. The things they post in their ads!
1. Gift for Toyota lovers etc. GIFT? Sure, you totally made my day Mr. Stranger!
2. Driven by a doctor/army man etc. So weird. Do doctors drive their cars better???
3. Only driven on high octane. Again, these 1300 CC cars do NOT need high octane!
4. CNG installed but only driven on Petrol. So why did you ruin the car by installing CNG?
5. Selling because going abroad. I bet they don't even have a passport.
The list goes on and on! Best of luck to those venturing out there.