Having watched almost all the movies I have ever seen in USA, I have found the experience to be quite different in other countries, such as Pakistan, and thought to write about what one should be ready to expect!
1. Even though Pakistan and India are sworn enemies, Indian Bollywood movies are the biggest films in demand at most of the cinemas. Most of the movie selections will be Indian or Pakistani. English/American movies are usually action types or children movies.
2. Forget sound insulation. 75% of Indian movies are 3 hours long, and 50% of the actual movie is loud music and epileptic dancing. If the cinema you are attending is a multiplex, such as the Centaurus Cineplex in Islamabad, be prepared to hear every bit of the Indian movie being played next door inside your theater!
3. National Anthem. Just like you stand up at a sporting even in USA, in Pakistan they play a short film with the national anthem in which everyone is expected to stand up... before every.. single.. movie..
4. There are some annoying habits that will make you feel at home though, like people talking or texting on their phones, kicking the back of your seat, going in and out of the theater over and over for no reason.
5. ASSIGNED SEATING.. Like seriously, ushers have a real job now, finding you your seat!
On the positive side, I can say that the concession stands are much more reasonably priced. 3D movies cost more but if you have your last pair of 3D Glasses saved, can reuse them.